1. The King of Love my Shepherd is,
Whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am His
And He is mine forever.
2. Where streams of living water flow,
My ransomed soul He leadeth,
And where the verdant pastures grow,
With food celestial feedeth.
3. Perverse and foolish oft I strayed,
But yet in love He sought me
And on His shoulder gently laid
And home, rejoicing, brought me.
4. In death's dark vale I fear no ill,
With Thee, dear Lord, beside me;
Thy rod and staff my comfort still,
Thy cross before to guide me.
5. Thou spreadst a table in my sight,
Thy unction grace bestoweth;
And, oh! the transport of delight
With which my cup o'erfloweth.
6. And so through all the length of days
Thy goodness faileth never.
Good Shepherd, may I sing Thy praise
Within Thy house forever!
Hymn #431 from The Lutheran Hymnal
Text: Psalm 23
Author: Henry W. Baker, 1868
Composer: Michael Praetorius, 1610
Tune: "Ich dank' dir schon"